The Shepherds Hut Retreat offers the ultimate in relaxation but if you are feeling a bit more adventurous here’s a list of fantastic activities all on the doorstep. Please contact the activity provider directly.
- Cider Making and tasting The home of the famous Perry’s cider is only a few minutes drive away and offers tours of the cider works alongside a shop where you can try before you buy!
- Go Karting – Sparkford (25 mins) an excellent karting track and motor museum
- Horseriding Roundham (4 min) Whether you were ‘born in the saddle’ or are just a beginner, Hillview Stables caters for all abilities.
- Coarse fishing Hewish (5 min) 3 lakes stocked with Carp,
Tench, Rudd, Roach, Perch. From £5 per day
- Polo South Petherton (10 min) Learn to play polo or just watch a thrilling match at this beautful country house.
- Montacute House One of the finest National Trust properties you will find is only a 10 minute drive away, there is also a section of The National Portrait gallery housed here.
- Rib rides West Bay (30 min) Experience a high power rib at the stunning Jurassic coast or take the more leisurely taxi service to Lyme Regis.
- Fishing trips West Bay (30min) Boat Fishing/Sea Angling Trips, Dolphin Watching, Sight Seeing, Private Occasions and West Bay Diving throughout the year.
- Golf Windwhistle (5 min) A beautiful 18 hole course and driving range with excellent clubhouse facilities.
- Paint ball Dorchester (30 min) Set in 65 acres of woodland with varying terrain, offering a fun outdoor activity.
- Luxury spa Corscombe (15 min) Award winning restaurant and spa in a stunning set in a stunning house and gardens.
- Cookery classes Abbots hill (25 min) Lesley Waters famous cookery school with a range of courses to suit everyone.
- Electric bike tours A wonderful way to explore the stunning Jurassic Coast.
- Foraging with bushwhacker tours on the stunning Jurassic Coast.
- River Cottage courses and dining, the famous River Cottage is only 30 mins away!
- Wine tasting tours from the award winning Furleigh estate (20mins)